The Nightmare of a Spy

They had found out. The truth, truth who I was. A spy. It was over. I saw my end coming. Anything I could do was to wait, wait for my death. A small mistake that was about to end my life. "Tie him up", commanded their boss. I was tied by my hands and legs and one of them pushed me on my knees. The pain of fear had dominated over physical pain. I couldn't feel my knees bumping on the ground hard.


He pointed a gun on my forehead. The boss, was just eager to kill the only proof of his illegality. A streak of fear ran down my spine. My whole body shivered. I felt my hands and legs trembling. He pulled the gun to load a bullet. That sound was all that was audible. Everything around got numb and calm. The water dripping down the ceiling of their base, the wind brushing against my face, it was all precisely felt. My brain could concentrate and focus on each activity going around me. Their laughter in the background in slow motion and the eagerness of the boss to kill, in his eyes.

My heart was already banging to be out of the cage of fear in my ribs. My respiration had achieved its fastest rhythm. I could feel the air travelling through my alveolies, the diaphragm contracting and expanding. My throat was dried and choked making it difficult for my larynx for movement. My eyes warm and red gazed at the trigger of the  gun. My face was shrunk and hot. A drop rolled down on my cheek through my forehead which was till now got filled with millions of drops of sweat.

I waited for a miracle. A miracle could only help me. And then my eyes caught the glance. His finger hugging the trigger about to press it. It was just about to launch my death. "Boom" , fired a bullet rushing through the nozzle of the gun straight into my forehead.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.

.

.

.

And then i woke up to witness I was late for my work .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तो फिर अब क्यों डर रहे हो?

To infinity and beyond

वो वक़्त तेरा नहीँ