Don't tell me what to dream about


Don't tell me what to dream about
The sunshine, the stars
Or the bloodshed and wars,
The moon, the flowers,
Or the fatal desires
​
​Don't tell me what to dream about

The world full of goons
Or the princess in her shoon
The monuments in ruins
Or the beauty in cocoons

​Don't tell me what to dream about

I choose to see what’s good or better
May be sooner, may be later
I dare to see a coloured water
What you think that doesn’t matter

The birth of a child
Or the beast in the wild
Love so mild
Or hatred grown inside

​Don't tell me what to dream about

The morning of the East
Or the punching of the fist
Holding the unchangeable nature’s wrist
Or illusion among the mist

​Don't tell me what to dream about

I choose to see what’s good or better
May be sooner, may be later
I dare to see a coloured water
What you think that doesn’t matter 
                                                          ~RV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तो फिर अब क्यों डर रहे हो?

To infinity and beyond

वो वक़्त तेरा नहीँ