Graduated


I had been waiting for this day for long and now that this day has come, it doesn't feel so good.

I started packing with my books
And the laptop came along.
Between the books in my shelf
Were few memories as photographs

Past years were reminded
Beautiful days with beautiful people.
Not so long trips.
Birthdays celebrated.
Classes bunked.
Places explored,
Redefining beauty of the ugliest places in the town.

I was determined never to get attached to something like this
I was determined not to let my emotions be dominated by something like this
And then I felt something crawling on my left cheek

The photos now looked blurred
My lips smiling and eyes filled.
I closed my eyes and put my head up

I looked outside the window, it was one of the most appealing evening views I have ever had.
I paused the packing, went outside, took my bicycle, and started towards the calmest, most serene places that I knew in the city.

But unfortunately, that was no more the same place I knew.
The under-construction flyover was now complete, running successfully with the noise of vehicle horns.

I went to my favorite spot.
It still gave me the view of sunset on one side and the moon on the opposite.
At least that was satisfying.

I pondered about all the good and bad days I had experienced in the past years of graduation.
The boring lectures and stupid doubts.
Assignments with headaches that brought the group closer.
Semesters, projects and the deadlines, that taught us the value of time.
The scolding of the teachers and thinking most of the time, life would have been easier if only I had chosen a different subject of study.

Well, the days are gone. The time has gone. Memories were made. New friends got closer, older ones got distant. Lessons were learned. What matters is the beautiful experiences we had. All the time we spent together. All the places visited. From experimenting with each food stall for good food to finally finding the best of places. From searching for a good movie to a binge watcher. From falling for someone to enjoying solidarity. I found myself having grown up a little.

With all this in my mind, I got back to my room resumed packing. Had my dinner. Went to bed. College life was done. I was now a graduate!

It all began here!

Comments

  1. Waah mere sher๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ... Yaad dila diya pura journey shuru se... Birthdays.. Trips... Movies... Aur end mein love life bhi๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha haan bhai, bas emotional roller coaster pe chal diya.

      Delete
    2. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

เคคो เคซिเคฐ เค…เคฌ เค•्เคฏों เคกเคฐ เคฐเคนे เคนो?

To infinity and beyond

เคตो เคตเฅ˜्เคค เคคेเคฐा เคจเคนीँ